Are you interested in writing for LondonCalling.com? We're always looking for culture-loving Londoners to contribute interesting articles and features for the site.
We are looking for writers to create engaging and informative features about the huge range of arts and cultural events taking place in the city. Features are 500-1000 words long and curate the most exciting events in London and explore its best hidden gems. A feature could be an article exploring a particular event, production or theme, an interview with a cultural figure or a review of a recent film or music event.
Benefits and Perks
As a writer for LondonCalling.com, you’ll enjoy:
Who can apply?
- Free tickets to all sorts of exciting events, from fringe theatre shows to press views of major art exhibitions.
- Great journalism experience writing for a popular and well-regarded site.
- Extensive exposure for your writing. Our readership is constantly growing, with 45,000+ email subscribers, 100,000+ social followers and around 50,000 monthly visits to the website.
Many of our writers are students or graduates looking to gain experience in arts journalism. However, anyone is welcome to apply to write for us! We're looking for people who:
How to apply
- Are passionate and knowledgeable about one or more areas of London culture. This could be theatre, art, museums, film, music, food and drink, fashion, dance, literature, comedy or another area of your choice.
- Have an engaging writing style and excellent grasp of written English.
- Can contribute around one feature a month to LondonCalling.com.
- Are reliable, friendly and fun to work with!
To apply to write for LondonCalling.com
, please send a short email explaining why you would like to get involved to Bel on email@example.com
. Please include an example of your previous writing in your message as well as 3 ideas for features you could write for the site.
Based outside of London?
Consider writing for our sister site CultureCalling.com
! To find out more, email Edd on firstname.lastname@example.org